RATES AND POLICIES
My studio is currently FULL – please email me to inquire about future openings or to be notified about last minute availability.
- 45 min: $60 (standard lesson time)
- 30 min: $40
- 60 min: $75
Students are encouraged to commit to weekly lessons for healthy progress and timely results.
Payment is due either at the end of each lesson or at the end of each month.
Cash is preferred but checks and Venmo are happily accepted.
GENERAL LESSON POLICIES
What I expect from students:
- Please be on time:
- Enter at your lesson time, even if I’m still working with another student.
- I do my best to be fair with your time - if lessons start late for any reason (parking, previous student, traffic, etc…), I will try to add time to the end of your lesson or tack on extra time to future lessons.
- Please come to your lesson prepared:
- Practice assigned material between lessons. Regular practice is essential.
- Use a 3-ring binder to keep music and note paper organized.
- Suggest songs you like / want to sing, and whenever possible, bring in the sheet music in your prefered key. www.musicnotes.com is a good online resource for sheet music. If sheet music is not available, bring in lyrics with chords. www.ultimate-guitar.com is a good online resource for lyrics and chords. I am happy to assist in finding sheet music and correct keys.
- If it’s available to you, bring a recording device to your lessons (iPhone, digital recorder, etc…).Recordings of specific exercises will be made for your home practice.
- Take care of your voice:
- Stay hydrated, get plenty of rest, and avoid pushing your voice above a moderate speaking volume (be careful in loud bars, sports games, etc…)
- Give appropriate notice for missing or rescheduling lessons.
- The aim of a singer should not be on a finished product. Singing is an ongoing process of vocal exploration and upkeep. Be patient with yourself and embrace the process of practice and learning.
- Recommended exercises each week for at-home practice.
- Provide a written lesson recap at the end of each lesson to aid in home practice.
- Recommend singers and repertoire that will expand and/or supplement the student's musical experience and understanding.
- Encourage students to seek out performance opportunities: community productions, choruses, ensembles, local musical theater, open mics, etc..
LESSON ATTENDANCE / CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellation by Student
Students must provide cancellation notice at least 24-hours in advance. Please do so by sending an email with the date you will miss and at least three possible times you could make-up your lesson within 30 days of the absence. I can potentially provide makeup lessons on any day of the week as my schedule allows.
- A student who does not notify me of a cancellation/missed lesson prior to the lesson time (“No Call; No Show”) forfeits the fee for that lesson and is not eligible for a make-up lesson. Extenuating circumstances will be taken into account, and lessons can be rescheduled at the instructor’s discretion/availability.
- Students are expected to arrive to their lesson ON TIME and ready to go. A 15 minute window will be given, but after that time the lesson will be considered a No Show forfeit and no make-up lesson will be given. Exceptions will be made for weather and extenuating circumstances only.
Cancellation by Teacher
If I am forced to cancel a scheduled lesson for any reason, I will provide at least 24-hours notice and I will make up the lesson at the nearest available time within thirty (30) days.
Students are expected to practice regularly. Practice duration and exercises will be discussed and agreed upon between teacher and each student individually.